Why a Hempy’s Story Contest?
The most important part of Hempy’s work is community building. We love providing sustainable and locally made clothes, but this is only a means to an end. The end is a world full of empowered and connected people who can thrive in a clean, healthy environment.
My favorite part of my job is seeing this community grow. The best part of my day is when I open up a personal email or a facebook message from a Hempy’s customer, and I get to see a glimpse into the life of the people that make up the Hempy’s community.
I am constantly receiving small tips in the inbox: “did you see that guy wearing a Hempy’s hat in the movie Wild?” “Did you see Bill Kreutzmann, the Grateful Dead drummer, wearing a Hempy’s shirt during their last concert?” It’s about once a week that someone tags @hempys in an Instagram photo of their tattered old wallet that has been everywhere with them, from the waves of So-Cal to the Colorado mountains. But the best are the unexpected tales of a quirky customer, like Elise. Elise is 84 years old, and she loves Hempy’s After Surf Soap. No, really, it’s the only soap she will use, as I learned when her granddaughter Myrna called me in a panic because they had run out.
Elise has been a Hempy’s fan for a long time, and I want her to be a Hempy’s fan for a long time to come, which is why I sold her a whole case of soap at half price.
We want more of these Hempy’s stories, so that we can hear about our customers wild lives and so that all of our customers can get to know each other. So, we are launching the our Hempy’s Story of the Month Contest!
Here’s the Deal:
Tell us a story about you and Hempy’s. What harrowing journey have you been through while wearing a Hempy’s t-shirt? In what blizzard did a Hempy’s beanie keep you warm? What was the biggest wave you caught wearing Hempy’s board shorts? Post your story, along with a photo, on Facebook or Instagram. To enter the contest tag us on Facebook (@Hempys) or on Instagram (@hempyss) and use the hashtag #myhempysstory.
Everyone who submits a story and photo will get a 10% off coupon for their next purchase at Hempy’s online store! The person who posts our favorite Hempy’s story each month will win a Hempy’s beanie of their choice (with free shipping anywhere in the US). The winner will be featured on Hempy’s social media, and will get full bragging rights. We will choose a winner in one week, on August 31st. After you post, check your inbox for a coupon code.
The Hempy’s community is a small part of a global community fighting for a more just and sustainable future. We hope that sharing stories will help this community to grow by connecting together all of the hemp-enthusiasts, sun-loving surfers, wild-eyed mountain climbers, tuned-in musicians, soap-loving grandparents, and conscious families that share our vision.
(see below for full rules and restrictions)
Rules and restrictions:
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Hempy’s and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Hempy’s as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 5PM on August 23rd, 2016, and ending at 3PM on August 30th, 2016. All online entries must be received by 3PM on August 31st, 2016.
4. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by tagging Hempy’s in a post on Facebook or Instagram that includes a photo and a story about a Hempy’s product.
5. Prizes: Every successful entry into the contest will receive a coupon code for 10% off of a single purchase at Hempy’s online store (purchase not to exceed $300). The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one free Hempy’s beanie ($24-$32 value), and a 10% off coupon for any purchase at Hempy’s online store, not to exceed $300. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Hempy’s. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Hempy’s to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entrants post.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Hempy’s staff in a vote. Winner will be notified by the social media platform on which they posted the content within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Hempy’s shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [10 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT HEMPY‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Hempy’s, anyone acting on behalf of Hempy’s, and Hempy’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Hempy’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Hempy’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Hempy’s may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hempy’s. Hempy’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Hempy’s has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, [your company name] reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Hempy’s and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America AND the State of California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. The Campaign hosted by Hempy’s is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.